Yawn, yawn, a coffee table's a coffee table's a coffee table. I wanted something a little different and an upmarket luxury upholstered stool fitted the bill perfectly. It just took an Ikea coffee table and lots of imagination to make it into a fab statement footstool.
You will need:
- Nornas coffee table, Ikea
- Cot mattress
- Tape measure
- Staple gun
- Before assembling your table, measure halfway down each of the legs and saw them in half.
- Paint the legs and the underside of the coffee table with black paint. Once the paint is dry follow the instructions to put the table together.
- Cut your mattress to fit the top of your coffee table. Piece the off cuts together to make a shape that fits the table top.
- Place the trimmed mattress and off cuts on top of the table and cover with wadding. Staple the wadding to the underside of the table to hold everything together.
- Lay the printed fabric on top of the wadding and staple underneath. For neat corners fold and sew the fabric in place.