Yawn, yawn, a coffee table's a coffee table's a coffee table. I wanted something a little different and an upmarket luxury upholstered stool fitted the bill perfectly. It just took an Ikea coffee table and lots of imagination to make it into a fab statement footstool.
You will need:
- Nornas coffee table, Ikea
- Cot mattress
- Tape measure
- Staple gun
- Before assembling your table, measure halfway down each of the legs and saw them in half.
- Paint the legs and the underside of the coffee table with black paint. Once the paint is dry follow the instructions to put the table together.
- Cut your mattress to fit the top of your coffee table. Piece the off cuts together to make a shape that fits the table top.
- Place the trimmed mattress and off cuts on top of the table and cover with wadding. Staple the wadding to the underside of the table to hold everything together.
- Lay the printed fabric on top of the wadding and staple underneath. For neat corners fold and sew the fabric in place.
If you like this blog post why not read my post on creating an up cycled pallet coffee table