Turn an old wooden wine box into a shelf by painting, wallpapering and adding screw holders at the side to attach it to the wall. I chose a lovely blue paint and wallpaper from Mini moderns, one roll will go along way and that means that you can cover files, books and other shelves too.
You will need –
- Wooden Wine box
- Minimoderns Emulsion paint lido £5.00
- Paint brush
- Minimoderns wallpaper Darjeeling £50
- PVA glue
- Picture frame brackets Homebase
- Screw Driver
- Electric drill black and decker
- Masonary screws
- Paint the exterior of the box with emulsion paint.
- Mix pva with a little water to the consistency of double cream and paint the inside of the box to seal.
- When dry measure and cut wall paper to size. Paint the reverse of the paper pieces and insides of the box with let down pva.
- Press the paper in place rubbing down any stubborn bubbles.
- When dry screw picture frame brackets to the side, then screw to the wall.
- Wood can be very absorbent and suck up paint, to get an even coat first paint the box with emulsion which has been let down with a little water.