How often have you longed for a trendy battered statement vintage letter? I show you how to create your own for a fraction of the cost.
You will need:
- White foam board
- Steel ruler
- Glue gun
- Metallic emulsion
- Cellulose sponge
- Dulux Matt Emulsion Caribbean Coral
- Craft knife
- This letter is 30cm high and 7cm deep, for an easy job be sure to choose a letter without curves! Draw up the letter on white foam board then cut out using the steel ruler and craft knife.
- To make the walls of the letter cut strips to the length of each side and 7 cm high. Glue in place with the glue gun.
- Paint all surfaces with emulsion, then leave to dry. Pour a couple of tablespoons of the metallic emulsion paint into a shallow dish. Stir in a few drops of water to thin paint to the thickness of pouring cream.
- Tear off a section of sponge, 8cm square and immerse in the paint, remove and wring out excess paint. Dab the sponge on all the surfaces of the letter, making sure you get into the corners. Leave it to dry, then even up the finish by going over with a second coat of paint.
- Make this a really thrifty project and use paint left over from another project or buy a match pot of your chosen colour.