Create a bold Matisse inspired fabric wall art. Use simple motifs to make an impactful piece of wall art.
You Will Need
- Canvas, £8, Hobbycraft
- Tracing paper
- Bondaweb £3.90 Akaban
- Fabric scraps
- Pencil, paper and tracing paper
- Command Strips from £2.70 B&Q
- Place the canvas on a large piece of paper and draw around the edge of the canvas, add 10cm to each side.
- Draw your design on the paper and mark each colour. Using the tracing paper trace the shape for each colour.
- Iron paper backed Bondaweb to the reverse of fabric scraps. Cut out the shapes, then remove backing paper and iron to bond in position. Use a sewing machine to sew around the edge of the fabric shapes.
- Place the fabric image on the canvas and stretch the fabric over the edge, use the stapler to secure the fabric at the back.
- Hang on the wall using Command Strips
- When stapling the fabric on start from the middle and work towards the outer edge so there are no creases in the fabric