Customise your own retro tiled coffee table, take a cheap as chips high street coffee table and give it enviable style and originality with this easy project. I used ceramic pens to add designs to budget white glazed tiles, easily sourced from any of the diy sheds.
You will need:
- Coffee table
- Ceramic pen
- Tile adhesive
- Edging strip
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Beading for edging strip
- Panel pins
- Choose two designs for the pattern on the tiles and then draw on with the ceramic pen. Leave tiles to dry.
- Paint the table with black paint.
- Arrange the tiles on the tabletop, keeping the design random, combine patterned and plain tiles. When you’re happy with the design take a photo to use as your guide as you stick the tiles in place with tile adhesive. I stuck these tiles snuggly against each other. Leave to dry.
- To neaten the table edge cut a retaining strip from beading then secure in place with panel pins.
- Grout the table, leave to dry. Paint the retaining strip to match the table.
If you like this make check out my Upholstered Footstool post